Occasionally, others ask me to share some insight with their audiences on a variety of personal finance topics. I’m always grateful to them for sharing the opportunity. Here are a few of my recent appearances for (what I hope is) your reading pleasure:
- Clark Howard | Hyperbolic Discounting: The Psychology Behind Getting Clark Smart How Monkey Brain keeps you from reaching your financial goals
- Financial Advisor IQ | Don’t Let Retirement Planning Wreck Clients’ Lives Don’t sacrifice so much for the future that today is terrible.
- Financial Planning Magazine | Why Soldiers Need Financial Help My op-ed about how soldiers are still getting the short end of the stick when it comes to financial advice
- Equifax | How to Budget for Big One-Time Expenses Will you have to pay for that wedding in the future? Here’s how to do it.
- Financial Planning Magazine | Real Estate Can be a Real Alternative You can make money in real estate, but not with $0 down and flipping in 15 days.
- Stacking Benjamins | Are 401k Plans Broken? Spoiler Alert! No.
- U.S. News & World Report | How to Teach Your Kids Money Management Matthew Broderick was told “Plastics.” I was told “consignments.”
- Stacking Benjamins Podcast | How to Avoid the 7 Deadly Sins of Debt Don’t start?
- Wall Street Journal | Gooooooooals-based Planning A review of my my budget for the 2018 World Cup.
Finally, I was named the fourth most influential financial advisor in social media. Apparently, there are a lot of you out there who read me, so thank you very much! Not bad for a website that’s only 2 years old…